Avara Foods has published its third responsible business report and its first under their new responsible business brand, For Good.
Since it was formed in 2018 Avara has consistently set out to be a responsible business; guided by its values and committed to do the right thing in the right way. This report summaries the achievements made over the last 12 months across its full sustainability agenda, outlining the next steps for the year ahead, and their targets and commitments moving forward.
The report is the first full introduction of For Good, which helps to define what responsible business means, the importance of viewing individual issues holistically, and confirms its permanence at the heart of the business
In the face of a global pandemic and challenging business conditions, Avara has continued to deliver on its responsible business commitments over the last 12 months. Within the report you can read about the progress that has been made, including:
- Approval of ambitious science-based targets for carbon reduction emissions across the supply chain, as part of its wider ambition to achieve NetZero by 2040.
- Commitment to sustainable soy, including progress in its 2025 ambition and joining the UK Soy Manifesto.
- Introduction of new packaging that uses significantly less plastic in a convenient and food safe format.
- Donations of fresh poultry to FareShare, and on track to provide the equivalent of 1M meals before the end of the year.
- Extensive welfare trials on farms, testing a range of potential welfare-improvement measures.
- Recruiting record numbers onto their kickstart apprentice and graduate programmes in 2021.
As we make further progress along our journey we’ll share updates as we go.
Click here for read our Responsible Business Report.